VRWTS ELECTRIC WINDOW, SEAT, TOP MOTOR VOLTAGE REDUCER Installation Instructions
12 VOLTS TO 6-8 VOLTS
These instructions will help you install and test your new 12 volt to 6 volt reducer to operate electric windows, power seats and convertible top motors. Please read completely before attempting to install.
The VRWTS reduces the voltage from 12 volts to 6 to 8 volts to power motors commonly found in power seats, windows and electric tops. This unit will only work on negative ground electrical system and will not work on positive grounded systems.
- Intended for applications with intermittent use motors like windows, convertible tops, electric seat motors.
- Input voltage 12 volts negative ground.
- Output 6-8 volts 15 amps for up to 45 second duration.
- Circuit breaker is built in and resets automatically.
- Unit will get warm when it is used.
- Must be mounted in well ventilated area away from materials that can melt such as plastics.
- Needs a cool-down period between uses on high current motors.
Installation: Before you get started always disconnect your battery.
1. Mount unit in well ventilated area away from materials that can melt or someone can touch the case. Unit will get warm during operation.
2. Supply 12 volts switched voltage to the input. Note if constant voltage (non-switched) is supplied this unit will draw the battery down if battery is not disconnected.
3. Connect a good ground to the ground terminal. Negative ground systems only.
4. Connect 6 volt output directly to the motor or, if running more than one motor, connect the output to a common buss that will supply current to multiple motors. Note if running multiple motors, recommend operating one motor at a time, this will prevent overheating and potential of shutting down.
5. Reconnect the battery and test operation.