1937-1948 Cadillac & LaSalle Flathead V8 12 Volt Conversion Kit with starter - CAD3948SK
1937-1948 Cadillac and Lasalle Flathead V8 12 Volt Negative Ground Conversion Kit with new starter.
This kit includes:
- 12 volt negative ground 100 amp 60 amps idle output CS121 alternator with integrated mounting hardware
- 2 wire connection excite plug
- 5/8" or 3/4" pulley (the small diameter with turn alternator faster at idle)
- 10 awg alternator to battery connection wire
- 125 amp alternator fuse
- New gear reduction starter (no need to mess with the old starter and solenoid)
- Heater motor reducer
- Defroster motor reducer
- Electric wiper motor reducer
- Horn relay
- Headlight relay
- Oil gas temp gauge reducer
- Gauge reducer wiring kit
- Ignition coil (Pertronix coil works on points or electronic ignition)
- Coil bracket
The reliable Delco CS121 alternator produces 12 volts with 95-100 amps at speed and 50 amps at idle. The alternator has an integrated aluminum mounting ring that will fit in the same location as the original generator with similar belt adjustment feature. (A long or shorter belt may be needed). The pulley will fit both 5/8" and 3/4" belts, the small diameter pulley turns the alternator faster for better idle output.
These parts will allow the conversion of the vehicle from positive to negative ground which is simply reversing the battery cables.
The kit comes with the Pertronix 1.5 ohm coil which will work on the original points distributor or add the optional Pertronix 1183 ignitor (see options below) and turn the distributor to electronic ignition.
Comes with set of instructions.
Made in the USA
1 year warranty
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
kit had all i needed to convert my 47 flathead 8 caddy, recommend getting this kit with starter way simplier than messing with the old 6 volt piece of iron and solenoid, these starters company makes are really nice and easy to install just like a modern car, the alternator is totally awesome was not sure from the wedsite way better than i thought and plenty of amps for my car, want a great product for these old flathhead v8's.