12 Volt Conversion Kits
Our 12 volt kits have been shipped to every continent in the world, used by every make and model American Classic car and trucks that were built with the original 6 volt electrical systems. You can find all of our kits by make year and model below, and if for any reason you do not find one of the kits on our site, we likely still have the conversion parts available and can build your a custom kit.
If you can't find a kit for your make and model, simply fill out this form and submt, will send you a customized parts list click here submit your project
- Buick 12 Volt Conversion Kits
- Cadillac 12 Volt Conversion Kits
- Chevrolet 12 Volt Conversion Kits
- Chevrolet Truck 12 Volt Conversion Kits
- Chrysler 12 Volt Conversion Kits
- Dodge 12 Volt Conversion Kits
- DeSoto 12 Volt Conversion Kits
- Ford 1928-1931 12 Volt Conversion Kits
- Ford 1933-1953 12 Volt Conversion Kits
- Ford 1954-1964 12 Volt Conversion Kits
- Ford Truck 12 Volt Conversion kits
- GMC 12 Volt Conversion Kits
- Hudson 12 Volt Conversion kit
- IHC Truck 12 Volt Conversion Kit
- Jeep 12 Volt Conversion Kit
- Kaiser-Frazer 12 Volt Conversion Kits
- Lincoln EL & Zephyr 12 Volt Conversion Kits
- Mercury 12 volt Conversion Kits
- Oldsmobile 12 Volt Conversion Kit
- Packard 12 Volt Conversion Kit
- Plymouth 12 Volt Conversion Kits
- Pontiac 12 Volt Conversion Kit
- Studebaker 12 Volt Conversion Kit
- Thunderbird 12 Volt Conversion Kits
Questions about the 12 Volt Conversion Kits?
Vintage Auto Garage is here to help you with all of your classic car auto parts. If you need help finding the products you need to complete the restoration or repair of your vintage American car or truck, our team can walk you through the parts that you need, help you install them, and more. Give us a call during normal business hours and one of our team members will be able to provide you with personalized assistance.
Prior to 1955 most all American cars and trucks came with a 6 volt electrical system. 6 volts worked fine when these vehicles were new and the cars and trucks were driven daily to keep the battery charged. Today classic cars and trucks are not driven as often and the 6 volt batteries are never fully charged, therefore the engines may not start when hot or cold. All vehicle accessories today are made for 12 volt negative ground electrical systems, a vehicle with 6 volt system will not allow the use of any 12 volt device and it is difficult to get a jump start when the old 6 volt battery goes dead.
In most cases choosing 12 volt kits from Vintage Auto Garage will make the project go much quicker and simpler. All the parts needed for the make and model vehicle are in the kits plus a great set of instructions that will take the hobbest or professional mechanic step by step through the 12 volt conversion process.
In addition to the step by step instruction book, Vintage Auto Garage does offer phone support.