Chevrolet 1940-1954 Car Truck 139 Teeth with key switch kit 12 Volts - 3500GR-S
This kit includes a Chevrolet gear reduction starter and an electric starter key switch. The starter is a 12 volt part with 139 flywheel teeth and a 9 teeth pinion gear measuring 1.15in (29mm). It will fit 216 c.u. and 235 c.u. engines.
The gear reduction starter requires an electrical key starter. That is where the electric starter key switch comes in, making it easy to update your original foot pedal starter to a compatible electrical system on these vintage cars:
- Chevy Cars and Trucks 1937-1954
- Willy Jeep CJ3A 1946-1949 and 1950-1951
- Pontiac 1941-1953 (Will need starter part number 3616GR)
- Oldsmobile 1949-1950 (Will need starter part number 3601GR)
Flywheels that have 168 teeth will also need a different starter with part number 3599GR. The 168 teeth flywheel is primarily used on Chevrolet trucks and can be determined by removing the starter and counting the flywheel teeth by hand.
Updating your vintage car to a top quality gear reduction starter from Vintage Auto Garage gives you better cranking speeds and torque with less power draw, helping your car start more efficiently. Our starter for 1940-1954 Chevys and GM vehicles is lightweight at 8.3 pounds and measures 12.00”x6.00”x14.00”.
Starter Product Summary:
- High torque & more cranking speed
- All ball bearing construction
- Starter can be clocked in 3 different positions depending on clearance
- 8.3 pounds (much lighter than the old starter)
- Better cracking on high compression engines
- Comes with shims for proper fit
- 12 volts
- 9 teeth pinion gear measures 1.15" or 29mm (both the 3500GR and 3599GR have 9 teeth pinion gear difference is pitch and diameter of the gear)