MSD 8573 1949-53 Flathead Ford V8 Electronic Distributor-5478573
Early Flathead racers and cruisers alike will be excited to see these front mount flathead distributors! MSD Ready-to-Run distributors do not need an external control box, so theres a simple and clean installation with only three wires to connect. Features a maintenance free magnetic pickup for unsurpassed reliability. Has HEI style terminals. For 12 volt negative ground applications only.
Designed for 1949-1953 Ford Flathead V8 engines.
- Powerful built-in module produces a 7.5 amp single spark through high rpm
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
- Vacuum advance canister for improved economy (can be locked out)
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and billet aluminum base
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from chromoly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
- Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Accepts Cap-A-Dapts
- Does not require an MSD Ignition Control