GMC 1947-1955 139 Teeth Flywheel Gear Reduction Starter 12 Volts - 3500GR-GMC
The 12 volt gear reduction starter with 139 teeth flywheel provides improved torque and cranking speed to start your GMC truck with less power and stress on the starter motor. We have designed our GMC truck starter with a durable ball bearing construction and high quality parts.
This gear reduction starter replaces the original direct drive starter in GMC trucks produced between 1947 and 1955 as part of the New Designs Series pickup trucks and other heavier duty trucks. It weighs 8.3 pounds and has:
- 8.00 Inch Width
- 6.00 Inch Height
- 5.00 Inch Depth
We also include shims to help you achieve a precise fit during installation. Because a gear reduction starter is not as big or heavy as the starter initially installed in GMC pickup trucks,
As a 12 volt starter, this part is a good choice after a 6 volt to 12 volt upgrade of your GMC truck.
You can also check out our starter app guide by clicking here to find the correct starter for vintage cars for other years and car makes.
Quick Reference Sheet:
- All ball bearing construction
- Starter can be clocked in 3 different positions depending on clearance
- 8.3 pounds (much lighter than the old starter)
- Better cracking on high compression engines
- Comes with shims for proper fit
- 12 volts
- 9 teeth pinion gear measures 1.15" or 29mm (both the 3500GR and 3599GR have 9 teeth pinion gear difference is pitch and diameter of the gear)