Chevrolet 1955-1962 Truck Starter Hydromatic Trans 12 Volts - 3644GR
Our 12 volt gear reduction starter fits all Chevrolet truck models from 1955 to 1962 with an 8 cylinder engine and automatic transmission, including:
- Chevy Task Force Pickup Truck
- Chevy C-10 Pickup Truck
- Chevy C-20 Pickup Truck
- Chevy Apache Pickup Truck
- Chevy Apache Crewcab Truck
The size and weight of the gear reduction starter makes installation easy since it is smaller all around than Chevy’s stock direct drive starter. Weight is 8.3 pounds, and it measures 10.00 in x 5.00 in x 5.00 in. It should fit easily into the available space and provide better surrounding air flow for cooling. You have the option to clock the starter in 3 alternative positions and we include shims in the order for better fitting.
We use a high quality ball bearing construction in our starters that is designed to minimize stress on your engine and reduce power consumption significantly. This starter is also built to last and will stand up to greater wear than the Chevy OEM starter.
We also offer starters for vintage cars of other years, makes, and models. Click here to view our starter part guide.
- All ball bearing construction
- Starter can be clocked in 3 different positions depending on clearance
- 8.3 pounds (much lighter than the old starter)
- Better cracking on high compression engines
- Comes with shims for proper fit
- 12 volts