1955 Ford Thunderbird 12 Volt Conversion Kit - FT55K
If you are converting your Ford Thunderbird to 12 volt, this is an excellent kit with all the basic parts.
Includes the following
- 95 amp 12 volt internally regulated Ford alternator with 1/2" pulley
- Alternator exciter plug that will operate dash charge light
- 10 AWG alternator to car connection wire
- Alternator connection bracket and hardware
- Starter solenoid
- 12 volt internally resistance coil (no external ballast resistor needed)
- Horn relay
- Headlight relay wire kit to keep headlights bright
- Oil Gas Temp gauge reducer allows the use of original gauges and sending units.
- Heater motor reducer to allow the heater motor to run on 12 volts
- 125 amp fuse to electrical system safe.
- Turn signal flasher 3 pin
Select optional items from list below.
1 year warranty.
4 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
everything fit perfect, love the ford alternator looks original. did have question on the headlight relay and how to activate the dash charge light, called these guys stepped me thru what to do perfect! no question working with the folks at vintage auto the best!! AAA
this is the best kit I have ever found. It was real easy to install made my project a joyful one. I will be back to order for my next one. thank you guys.
Your attention to the customer is welcomed and appreciated. Saying this, I haven't started on my conversion from a 6 volt to a 12 volt yet. Still lining up parts. Thanks again.
Found this kit on-line for my 55T bird, spoke with nice lady ordered the parts, everything came quickly, best thing i did for my old Bird